Thursday, September 2, 2010

30 Days of Blogging - Day 2 - My Favourite Movie

This is about as difficult as asking me for my favourite song! lol I'm a sucker for movie musicals, honestly - so my list would consist of a whole lot of Moulin Rouge, Rent, Hairspray, Jesus Christ Superstar, Phantom of the Opera ... all would have a valid claim on my 'favourite movie' title. Quality romantic comedies as well - the American President, for example - or trilogies that do a fantastic job of telling an overarching tale; Back to the Future, Star Wars ...

But one stands out above all, even to this day - one I've watched I don't even know how many times and probably have memorized perfectly. The Anne of Green Gables trilogy by Kevin Sullivan (I understand the 4th got mixed reviews; I haven't seen it, though perhaps I will someday - meanwhile, I consider the Anne movies a trilogy). I acknowledge that the films got further and further away from the story, and the last movie of the trilogy as well as the prequel threw the Green Gables canon out the window. But I still enjoyed the first three, and will probably screw my courage up to see the fourth someday. Either way, this mistakenly-adopted orphan girl, Anne Shirley, will always have an incredibly special place in my heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to loooove Anne of Green Gables.