Monday, September 20, 2010

30 Days of Blogging - Day 19 - A Talent of Mine

This is going to be a tough one - and not being all self-deprecating saying I have no talents (I HATE that - everyone has them lol) - just that my talents are distributed a bit differently from some. I'm not one of those that people watch them dance or sing and say 'she's fabulous', or see me act and say 'give that girl an Oscar!', or read something I've written and say it should be published. But I've been told I'm good at all those things. I think the 'Jack of all trades, master of none' kind of applies, so I guess I'll say my talent is becoming good at things - I might never absolutely excel and outshine the real masters who focus on their craft and work at the same set of skills for years; but if I decide to learn something it's very rarely that I suck at it (sports and math aside lol), and I can usually hold my own with the average schmo.

So with that in mind I consider myself to be pretty good at
  • Writing
  • Theatre involvement (I'm a competent actor and director)
  • Kids (as a mom, a teacher, and youth pastor, I've learned a thing or two about little people)
  • Speaking publicly (the above helps, as does having a weekly podcast over on the wrestling blog)
  • Anything trivia - especially stuff I REALLY know (ask me anything Young and the Restless, Wrestling, Musical Theatre, most history .. I've got it).
  • Anything 'word'y - Scrabble, Scattergories, wordsearches, crosswords=aced it. :)

No comments: