Friday, September 3, 2010

30 Days of Blogging - Day 3 - My Favourite Television Program

This one's a bit easier than the last two, although not by much! I'm going to NOT include professional wrestling or Young and the Restless in this one, as those are not so much favourite shows as part of 'my routine'. Not to say I don't enjoy them, but it would feel to me like saying blogging is a favourite hobby of mine - I suppose technically true, but it's just sort of something that comes naturally and I do.

I'm also not going to include 'past favourite shows' that I might still enjoy - this would include Beverly Hills 90210, and Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman. Heck, or Jem and the Holograms for that matter lol. While I still find those shows fun and quality, I freely admit a certain amount of the joy I get from them at this point is nostalgia. Which leaves one program I have been royally enjoying of late, and can't believe I didn't find it while it was on the air (well ... yes, I do ... its heyday was while I was at university, sans cable). Please check out, The West Wing. It's one of those shows that has something for everyone, even if you aren't completely into political wonk stuff. It explores the characters involved, and even for those not into politics, it shows you that almost everything IS political. Hate listening to campaign speeches but feel passionately about gay marriage rights? Distrust politicians but draw a hard line on right-to-life/right-to-choice issues? You will still find yourself able to enjoy this show.

If nothing else - in Martin Sheen, Alison Janney, John Spencer, Richard Schiff, Bradley Whitlaw, Rob Lowe, Marlee Matlin, Jimmy Smits, Kristen Chenowith et al, it has a fantastic cast, not all of whom are too painful to look at, and who have taken home a lot of Emmy hardware between them. And the series' creater and writer, Aaron Sorkin? Well - everything this man touches turns to gold. :) Can't say enough. Check out this sampling:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah Jem and the Holigrams. How I love thee. lol.