Thursday, June 18, 2009

Jon & Kate

OK I haven't commented on this (or at least not much) because I don't want to contribute to the rumours and innuendo this family has been facing - but at this point they've put themselves out there and so I want to say something.

This is the preview for next week's Jon & Kate Plus 8 episode:



Now - this could be they've decided to no longer do the show; they're going to marriage counselling; they're separating, anything. And whatever the decision I get that with everything else in their lives having played out on TV, why not this? But I can't help but feel there comes a time, if they are truly concerned about what this attention is doing to themselves, their children and their relationship, to say 'OK big mistake letting everything get this far, we want to handle it quietly as a family and the cameras are going to stop rolling.'

If the announcement is anything other than them being done with the show, then it is far too public and 'airing dirty laundry' to be good for them, or more importantly for their children.

1 comment:

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

I commented on facebook, but thought I would comment here too lol.

My two cents ...

I think that no matter what this big decision is, in my opinion, it's best to do it on the tv show. Why? Because it will be in THEIR words. No one elses. The tabloids can't do any more damage by making up false stories or making things out to be bigger than they are.

There has already been enough damange to that family and to those precious children. By putting it out there, themselves, they are setting the record straight.

Should it have gotten this far? No, of course not. I think they both should have dealt with this a long time ago. Despite enjoying watching their children grow up, I pray that the big decision is to stop the show because frankly, what's more important? Fame or family?