Tuesday, May 19, 2009

101 Update

I should always update this here before FB I keep forgetting to post. Anyway here's what should have been yesterday's post. :)

((Mar 30-July 8))

** items which have been 'strike-thru'ed (line through them) are done. :)

1. Lose 20 lbs. (3/20)
2. Finish the novel I've started writing.
3. Do one nice thing for someone every day. (49/101)
4. Do at least 1/2 hour of exercise every day. (49/101)
5. Be consistent enough with the radio show to get it going live.
6. Join the Babytime group at the Kitchener Public Library.
7. Find work for at least 2 more weeks of the summer.
8. Read at least 3 books. (0/3)
9. Go to church each week (6/13)
10. Finish my cross stitch I'm making for LT.
11. Clean out the guest room (which has become a storage room).
12. Go to a dress-up dance with Ari.
13. Have one nice bubble bath a week. (3/13)
14. Learn 1 more dance (eg Salsa, Meringue).
15. Go roller blading and not quit after 5 mins.
16. Get my bike fixed.
17. Clean out the car and get it washed, vaccuumed and tuned up.
18. Have at least 1 play date a month. (2/3)
19. No messing with my hair - no cuts, no perms, dye touchups only. (49/101)
20. Go through my clothes to see what fits, what I wear, what i don't, etc.
21. Ditto shoes.
22. Cook for Ari at least once a week. (7/13)
23. Organize our actual storage room.
24. Donate my time to one good cause a month. (1/3)
25. Go to one new restaurant a month. (2/3)
26. See one movie a week. (7/13)
27. Donate my tutoring money to charity.
28. Get my retainer wire fixed.
29. Read at least a chapter of the bible a day. (49/101)
30. Know where we're going for summer vacation and plan it.
31. Sign up for an English course for summer semester so I can get my English AQ for the fall.
32. No pizza. (47/101)
33. Have one night a week with Ari set aside for fun ('date night' even if it includes LT). (7/13)
34. Redo our back yard.
35. Create my unit plan for camp.
36. Read one book in French.
37. Go to the U.S. to buy diet Cherry Coke.
38. Take LT to one new city a month. (2/3)
39. Have a mani/pedi.
40. Tell Ari I love him every day. (49/101)
41. Learn a new skill (knitting, an instrument, a language).
45. Try one new wine a month. (3/3)
46. Share one piece of writing for the purposes of critique and feedback.
47. Finish 'Thank You' cards for LT's gifts.
48. Get one famous person's autograph.
49. Redo the linoleum floors in my house.
50. Set aside $30 ever week I don't have fast food for a non-food treat (eg CD, DVD). Subway excepted.
51. Get one other person to do the 101 things in 101 days.
52. Look into setting up a will (unsure if possible to complete as adoption won't be complete).
53. No non-diet pop. (49/101)
54. Submit a piece of writing to a publisher.
55. Get a baby seat for my bike, and LT a helmet.
56. Blog every day (except my monthly 'no computer day' - see below). (47/98)
57. Renew and update my Apply to Education account (resume, references, cover letter etc.).
58. Call in to a radio show.
59. Go through my junk drawers (like, one in every room)
60. Get through the pile of stuff on my desk (DVDs/CDs to burn, photos to put away).
61. Go through my 'correspondence' storage space: organize it.
62. Find a place for the things I just cleared out of Mom's house.
63. Buy at least one of the board games Ari and I have been coveting.
64. Have a games night with friends.
65. Finish my puzzle.
66. See at least one friend a week. (7/13)
67. Get on the Do Not Call list.
68. Call the diaper service and get LT into cloth diapers.
69. Be on time to things. (49/101)
70. LT's naming ceremony and open house.
71. Redo the chips the movers left in the paint job in our house.
72. Wash windows.
73. Unpack from our trip, do laundry etc. by the end of the week.
74. Have a picnic.
75. Go to the gym twice a week at least (6/26).
76. Get Ari's Big Lebowski poster and McGill diploma either framed or plaqued.
77. Update my "Wrestlemania" collection
78. Beat "Zelda II: The Adventures of Link" without dying once.
79. Make one person laugh every day. (49/101)
80. Dance at least once a week. (7/13)
81. See one live theatre production.
82. Pray every day. (49/101)
83. Sign LT's adoption placement papers.
84. Sign LT's adoption finalization papers.
85. Watch and label the old wrestling videos Mom sent home with me.
86. Take LT to the zoo.
87. Make a new friend.
88. Don't miss any appointments.
89. Go swimming.
90. Go to an arcade but don't spend more than $20.
91. Introduce LT to solid foods.
92. Clean up Ari's side of the office for him (or get him to with my awesome powers of persuasion).
,93. Distribute our formal LT/family photos to our folks.
94. Donate blood.
95. Bake once a month. (0/3).
96. Make a list of things which have caused me pain/anger/regret/sadness, and burn it.
97. Go somewhere I've never been.
98. Have one internet-free day a month (2/3).
99. Have one TV free day a month (0/3).
100. Get a piercing.
101. Go to the Royal Ontario Museum.

Week One Notes: I didn't get to the gym because I still couldn't find my "Y" membership card. I now have so I will start this week - I still managed to be active every day though. :) Also I missed ONE day on my pizza promise as we ran out of time to do much else when we had our friend Steve over for Wrestlemania. Otherwise I'd say a pretty good week and even if not 100% success I've stuck to the spirit of the list so far. :)

Week Two Notes: Much more on track this week. Awesome. Only thing I didn't do this week that I should have was my 'bubble bath a week' - I'm two weeks behind on that one now. But this week anyway, the spirit of that goal was met - this weekend instead of my usual quick 10-minute shower, I had a nice long one, I blowed my hair dry and did my nails ... hey I wanted to do all these and no excuses, but I think there aer worse ones to miss. :) Also my cooking for Ari this week consisted of ordering in - but hey it was one night of saving him cooking. :) I'd say overall this hasn't been a 100% success so far but pretty damn good.

Week Three Notes: Not the most successful week - still no time for a bubble bath and didn't get to the gym, although I still did my half-hour of activity a day so I consider the spirit of that to be met anyway. LT is teething and going through a bit of separation anxiety so I have had a hard time this last little bit leaving him to his own devices even to do stuff around the house for more than 20/30 minutes at a time. Also, as much as this list was meant to be completed perfectly, I also recognized as a busy new mom that might not happen: considering that I'm pleased at the progress I am making. :) For the most part I'm doing the things I want to every day, and I usually cross at least one or two extra things off a week. So I'm no superwoman but I don't think I'm quite heading into 'you suck at this' territory yet lol.

Week 4 Notes: A successful week - only didn't make it to the gym. :) I knocked a few other things off my list in the meantime - theatre and cleaning the office for example. Proud of myself. :D

Week 5 Notes: Mixed results this week. It was the baby's naming ceremony so the stuff I want to do weekly/daily didn't happen - bubble bath and gym again most notably, and missed my chance for a non-TV day last month. But got more big one-offs than usual off my list, and kept up with a lot of the ongoing thing (daily prayer and exercise, etc.), and can do two non-TV days this upcoming month (and try got get an extra day or two in at the gym now that some of those other things have quieted down. A busy, productive week though, and proud of myself, my clean home, my getting out and sociailzing, and still finding time to at least get a walk or dancing in every day.

Week 6 Notes: Not as productive as I wanted, as I've been sick - no gym, no baking or no TV day ... but I knocked a couple things off of my list and went to church, cooked supper for Ari etc. Back on track this week so far though already and looking forward to a better status report next Mon.

Week 7 Notes: Awesome week! The two things I miss most often - gym and bubble bath - both got gotten to. I have some catchup to do on my non-TV day and baking but I'm basically on a roll. Yay.

No comments: