Sunday, August 31, 2008

Home again home again

So guys I am back from vacation!

I can't tell you how great a week this has been - Sunday I went to a little reunion gathering with some high school friends, and it was nice to spend some time with them, just hanging out and shooting the breeze and finding out what they'd all been up to the last seven years! Then Ari and I made the trek out to Sauble Beach, where we've spent the last week. I can't tell you how much fun it was to have a week to just be ME and relax - no pressure, no drama, just me and my husband, a stack of books, a cute little cottage, decent weather and certainly one of the nicest, if not THE nicest, beach in Ontario.

We put our vacation on pause Friday to help my brother and his girlfriend move into their new apartment in Toronto - I want to take this time to congratulate them publicly, and wish them so much happiness on this new adventure together. I think Kyle has found an AWESOME girl, and I can't remember the last time a move was actually fun - they were both so thankful Ari and I took the time to help them out on this big step, and it definitely feels nice to be appreciated - thanks to THEM for being so easygoing on a day that they must have been going nuts!

And that was our week - tomorrow I'm putting the finishing touches on my classroom before school starts in ... well ... almost exactly 36 hours! I'm actually looking forward to it; I miss my kids and my coworkers, and just being productive and working, and will be happy to see everyone again after two months. Meanwhile though I intend to enjoy my last day of summer vacation and wish everyone a good one as well - hope it's been a great summer for you, and that it continues into September. Happy Labour Day!

1 comment:

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

Yay! Welcome home!! I'm so glad you had a good time. You and Ari deserved a nice relaxing week. And you're right; Sauble IS the nicest beach in Ontario. It's so beautiful and the wate is fantastic.

I want to see pictures young lady!!

Will I still be seeing you on Wednesday night?

Good luck tomorrow on your first day back at school. I hope everything goes smoothly. Keean starts school on the 10th.