Thursday, May 29, 2008

What a day!

I have to admit I haven't been in this lousy a mood in a couple weeks. Kids ... testing today, really testing. And you know what? They succeeded - they got a rise or two (or four or five) out of me. Definitely not the most stellar hour in the history of my teaching career ... on the other hand, I think I might have 'scared' a few of them 'straight' as it were, so that's all good. I just managed to tie up my next two lunch breaks with detentions. Really detentions should be served in the office, or under the auspices of a teacher assigned that 'supervision' duty, in a detention room, like I remember it being in high school and middle school anyway.

Other than that I'm trying to motivate myself to clean up this pigsty ... I have to admit since the move has been getting close we've kinda been letting it go, and sort of feeling 'why bother' since no one's coming over and it's messy and we're surrounded by boxes anyway - I didn't go pick up my husband because I wanted to clean up around here, and I just ended up going down for a two hour nap (although obviously much needed). But things are going well. Tomorrow is FRIDAY which is always a positive, and then I get to go out to a dance lesson and see some old friends for a late dinner. Saturday is my birthday and we're meeting my mom, step-dad, and step-mom for lunch, before going to Brantford an hour away for dinner w/friends and the theatre. Sunday is called "Sarah has to finish her marking" day.

So the busy-ness doesn't stop, but hopefully 'days from hell' are on hold now till at least Monday. Please please please ... :S

1 comment:

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

Ah just smack the kids with a paddle ;-) IM SO KIDDING!

I agee. Dentions should be held in the office with the principal or vice principal or like they did in our high school. Did you even have detention when we were in high school?? I did teehee. Detention, In-school suspension and out-school suspension. Bad Alex lol.

Can't wait to see you tomorrow my darlin'!