Sunday, July 20, 2008

HOT but lovely

So usually I would have posted a blog yesterday, but it was a busy one. As you can guess from my previous post, my brother's a drummer. He's actually a world champion drummer, performing with the Fraser Highlanders, who placed 3rd at the World Piping Championships in Glasgow last year, and their drum corps coming in first. Well yesterday was the Cambridge Highland Games nearby, and we got to go check them out in competition. They of course swept the grade 1 category - they're a world class pipe band after all - and my brother came in FIRST for tenor drum solos. Makes me prouder and prouder every day.

Also got to run into family and other people who I'm starting to consider friends myself - my brother's girlfriend Dawn, who's moving into THEIR new apartment in two days, before going to Scotland herself to perform at the Edinburgh Tattoo - the largest pipe & drum/military tattoo in the world - as a highland dancer, as well as his best friend Josh who's a tremendous piper, actually piped at our wedding, and whose band is also going to worlds in Glasgow this year (as well as Kyle's again), plus my mother and my in-laws. And then best of all after a VERY hot and humid day at the fairgrounds, we got to head to my mom's for a swim and barbecue, as the evening had cooled off. And all that before it started raining, which REALLY cooled things down.

Not to mention I now have actually ZERO laundry to do today - I finished every last bit today - and we ran our dishwasher last night for the first time - massively cool, runs great, and simpler to use than I thought, given it's a portable and not a built-in one - it has actually been a very, very pleasing weekend to me despite the fact I do not suffer heat well or gladly. Couple that with going over to my dad's tomorrow (or else having him over) for some wine and wrestling, and I must say the summer's turning out quite nicely thank you very much. :D Now if only I can convince my ... uh ... frugal ... husband to take me away to a cottage for a few days in August, and the adoption goes thru nicely now that we're settled into our home, it will be the summer of my dreams! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

1 comment:

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

Im glad things are going so well darlin'. Miss you guys lots. We'll have to plan a fondue soon!! We hae new dishes and new fondue dishes :D