Friday, July 11, 2008

HAHAHAHA

Our local Walmart is closed today. We had copious quantities of rain fall last night and the store was flooded, therefore it did not open this morning. Looking at the sea (OK, more like great lake, but the point remains the same) of confused, lost, dejected souls outside the store who could just not compute that Walmart=Closed, would have been amusing if it weren't for the fact it's highly sad. Dudes and Dudettes, I present to you the reasons Walmart's temporary closure is NOT the end of the world.

  1. Note the middle word in that statement: TEMPORARY.
  2. There is another, bigger, better Walmart in Kitchener not a 10 minute drive away from the mall - if you have time to be dragging arse around Walmart during the day on a weekday, you have time to go up the road a ways to the other one.
  3. There are 2 - count 'em, 2 - other department stores in the mall, plus a variety store and a pharmacy under 5 minutes (wait for it ... don't hyperventilate when I say it) WALKING distance (gasp! sigh! shock!) away from the Walmart to meet the shopping needs of those who don't feel like driving those extra few minutes up the road to the other WM.
  4. Walmart is not the only discount department store in town - to wit, Costco, Zellers, and the aforementioned other Walmart.
Like, good Lord people, I went to the mall to hit up Walmart for some milk, some toiletries, and some other small basics too - but my world did not crumble when I found out it was closed. We are not a bunch of Chicken Littles, and no, the sky is NOT falling. That was last night. ;)

Cheers all.

5 comments:

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

Excuse me miss BUT

1 - I dont care. I wanted to go THAT Walmart. My Walmart in Brantford did not have what I was looking for. Therefore, I needed to find it in Kitchener.

2 - When you're already at Fairview Mall and do not have time to drive 10 minutes out of your way to find another parking spot and go through the walmart and try to find what you're looking for (because you've never been to that one before ... EVER ... and dont know where anything is), it's a HUGE HASSLE!! And don't forget the price of gas.

3 - But I needed a WALMART. I'll have you know that Sears and The Bay SUCK ROYAL ASS!

4 - I needed Walmart. What I was looking for can not be found at the other stores. Only Walmart.

So I am sticking my tongue out at you and telling you to get off your soap box all the while laughing and giggling because as much as I agree with you, I still needed THAT Walmart damnit.

Now, you try driving an hour to go to a specific store only to have it closed and not having time to run around to other Walmarts in hopes that you are not late for schedules.

BAH HUMBUG!

SARcasm said...

lol Well see and it isn't you I'm laughing at - as you admit I'm right, 9 times out of 10 a specific store being closed isn't the end of the world, I also admit that if you needed said specific store on a tight schedule it IS a hassle. It's the other 9 people out of 10, who probably drove to the store despite it being in walking distance, and just sorta stood around confused instead of coming up w/a plan B etc., I was laughing at. Hope you aren't really mad? lol

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

lmao I wasn't mad at all lol. I found it amusing that you wrote about it and that I so totally agree with you. But damn, I needed that Walmart to be open lol.

I'm going to the one in Ancaster tomorrow I think because I really wanna find the thing I'm looking for.

SARcasm said...

lmao - I didn't figure you REALLY were, you can understand wanting to double check after the BS of over-sensitive friends I've dealt with. ;) Anyway ... the one in Ancaster is cool if you can get there, the one at Fairview is open now too if you want (hypocrite I am, I was back there today lol).