Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Few Personal Wishes

  1. A Happy Thanksgiving to my American relatives; I'm hoping their long weekend is full of family, friends, good health and excellent Black Friday shopping deals.
  2. We are now one week out from my 'baby sister' L-N's wedding and I'm so excited for her that she's found such a wonderful guy and found such happiness in her life. She's had a road that has been both bumpy and smooth at times, but she now has S to help her through the choppy seas, and to share her joy in the calm ones. They both deserve all the happiness in the world.
  3. Someone very dear to me has been going through a rough time for the last year. Sorry - absolutely no details here, it is not my story to share and incredibly personal - but let's just say that after they, and those around them, have gone through just about every conceivable hurt and pain that they could go through over the last 12 months, some closure has been achieved this week, and while the road ahead is not going to be an easy one, I am hopeful now that the trip might be a successful one and pray very much for that to be the case as they take steps to put their lives together again.
  4. Lastly, for my loved ones and friends, and yours, as we once again put our tree up, attend church, brave the malls, light the Menorah and generally enjoy family around the Heaney-Daigen hearth; so much this past year to be both thankful for, and to learn from; so many challenges, but oh so many rewards. As the holiday season is upon us, I wish for us, and you all, the opportunity to reflect, to relive and relish, to learn, to overcome ... and whether it is US Thanksgiving this weekend, Hannukah starting next week, or Christmas in a bit under a month ... I wish everyone a happy one this year. XO

No comments: