Sunday, May 9, 2010

Call Ya Muddah

If you haven't already, it isn't too late.

All seriousness aside, Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's I know. I'm not going to list them here because I'd no doubt forget someone ... but there are so many moms I have loved raising my children alongside, and I'll just trust you know who you are and how inspired I am by you.

But I do especially want to give a shout out to MY 'moms' ...

First - my actual, y'know, mom: I can honestly say there is no one I admire more than this woman. In 28 years, I have not met one person who doesn't think she is an awesome person. In recent months, I have only grown to understand more about her, her strength, and the true extent of what selfless really means. She sets an impossible standard that I can never, ever live up to - but I will spend the rest of my life trying.

My gramma - my mom had to come from somewhere right? She always has the time to speak to her grandchildren, and even when she's going through a tough time, she always managed to find a smile and a laugh for us. She and I have always, always been close and that means so much to me, and I hope it never changes.

My step-mother - I've said this about my step-dad and my mom, and I'll say it about her and my dad - anyone who can love and take care of someone who *I* love so much, and be so wonderful to me and my brother to boot ... this woman puts any tales of the evil step mother to complete, total and utter shame. Every year I get to know her I develop a new admiration for her and I love Monique very, very dearly.

My mother-in-law - Val is the coolest, calmest, most sensible person I know, and I think might even put my mom to shame at times with her excitement over being a grandma. OK ... then again, maybe not. That's a toughie lol. But especially nice when someone who is so often 'the voice of reason', is also incredibly fun and funny - which Val is. It's been such a pleasure getting to know her, and especially getting to see her with Liam the past year and a half, it's been a whole other side. :)

I love you ladies so very much. Thank you so much for taking care of me, and the men in my life. You are all awesome. Thank you. XO

No comments: