Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Olympics

Hi all --

So the Olympic Opening Ceremonies are on Friday. They are here in Canada, on our west coast in Vancouver and Whistler, for about a week/10 days. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of athletics - about the only Olympic sports I follow are figure skating and the hockey finals - and I do see the Olympics as a bit of a money pit for a 10 day event. But I think it's also an important opportunity to upgrade infrastructure (BC has a new highway and some updated transit systems now etc.) and to bring some tourism to our beautiful country, and the sports I DO follow are always entertaining. And I have to admit to being enough of a patriot that the idea of the first Canadian Gold Medal won on Canadian soil intrigues me as well.

So --

For those not interested in the Olympics, I sympathize, I understand, enjoy the preemptions next week, perhaps rent some movies instead. For those who enjoy them, well ... ENJOY! And ...? Go Canada Go!

No comments: