Friday, February 5, 2010

Best Wishes to Jack Layton

Jack Layton, leader of the federal New Democratic Party (NDP) announced this afternoon that he has been diagnosed with prostate cancer and will be seeking treatment. While it sounds like it was caught early and should be treatable, I still send out my best wishes to Mr. Layton as he battles this awful illness. While I am a Liberal party supporter myself, I freely admit that Mr. Layton is easily the strongest party leader in Ottawa right now, and offers a strong, well spoken and intelligent voice to the often-silly shenanigans of the two 'entrenched' parties. Here's hoping his intent to retain the leadership of the NDP through his treatment means that he can and will remain a strong progressive voice on the Hill. Get well soon Mr. Layton!

No comments: