Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sweetheart Saturday



So my awesome girlfriend Alex started 'Sweetheart Saturday' this week and I thought I'd join her as I'm feeling pretty warm & fuzzy towards MY hubby as well. She speaks of the patience her husband has, and mine does too - he works a fulltime job and yet he still works hard to match what I do as a parent at home, even though really he's entitled to come home and rest. To be fair, I'm tired at the end of the day too and not always as understanding of that as I should be, and sometimes HE takes the 'I'm tired' thing a bit too far when all us adults/young parents/working folks feel the same - but that's what I love about him.

We're both imperfect, and we don't always get that about each other or accept it as much as we should, but we TRY. And I think that's pretty special, that seven years later we still do make the effort to learn about each other, change for each other, and to try to be the person the other would like us to be - while also understanding that we fell in love with who each other IS in the first place, and not trying to change 'the small stuff'. And between you and me, lol, Ari's better at this than I am (but sssshhhhhhhhh ... don't tell him that ;) ).

4 comments:

~*Jobthingy*~ said...

TEE HEE i am loving all this love.

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're playing Sweetheart Saturday with me :-)

I agree completely; husbands and wives fell in love with each other for who they are. Yes, we should better ourselves but I don't think we should change ourselves unless there is a quality that does not bring out the best in ourselves.

I can't wait to hear more about Ari :-)

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

Hey J!! Keep checking out Sar's blog :) She always has some great entries!

SARcasm said...

Thanks girls - and Alex you're right. I think trying to be the best 'you' you can be is important and if your spouse can bring that out in you if it wasn't otherwise there, then awesome; but some stuff is just 'you' and you have to deal w/it even if it isn't the prettiest aspects. Ari is better at accepting that than I am I think, lol, since I always like seeing the best in people and get so disappointed when ugliness we ALL have comes out (Alex has seen that w/me and some other individuals in my life).