Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Lest We Forget

In Canada, it is Remembrance day - in the US it is Veteran's day. While I have never gone to war, or experienced one closely, I know a few who have. My family is one of service - my grandfather, now in a wheel chair, is a WWII vet who today in less than an hour will be laying the wreath at the ceremony at his nursing home. My uncle, too, is a former peacekeeper and vet, and my brother is a soldier, currently in France and Belgium participating in remembrance services at Vimy Ridge and Flanders this week. These are the people on whom our country relies, and as the vets of the old wars are passing away and new ones are being created in Afghanistan, it is more important than ever for us to take a moment and reflect on their sacrifices. Please watch the video below, knowing I have yet to watch it without bawling, and please take a moment of silence at 11am today.

God bless you.

1 comment:

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

*applauds*
I absolutely love love love that song and that video. If I were in that store, I think I'd smack that guy.