Sunday, December 6, 2009

Looking Back ... Looking Forward

So ... in a few weeks' time we're coming up on not only a new year but a new decade. I don't want to get all schmaltzy on anyone but it's been quite the decade for me. I mean, I guess I'm still young enough they all have been - Obviously the 80s I went from zero to 8 years old lol, which is HUGE, the 1990s took me into my teens which is another big change, and the 00s have been my adult years. So I'm looking towards doing a year-in-review/decade in review, but in the spirit of the season, I don't want it to be all about me. I'll do my part in that, talking about events in pop culture, politics, history, etc, as well as my own personal markers of the 00s. But here's where I get all interactive on you and say I want you to share some of your memories of the last year, or 10. I'm not fussy on the format, length, style. You can send me a few little points by comment; you can email or Facebook-message me a full-on blog entry/essay, a list, what have you. And I will share everyone's thoughts and viewpoints on the decade that was. I'm doing something similar over on my In This Very Ring blog, so I thought it only fair to do so here.

In the meantime though, a bit about me/my life this week as I realize it's been awhile since I've made a personal post; last week was busy, not with work but Christmas-ing as we decorated the house and began the shopping we got most of the way done today. We went to the Santa Claus parade yesterday, and got snowtires on our car today. The week ahead I have some work, a doctor's appointment, and getting some chores done around here; arranging cat-sitting for Christmas as we head home for the holidays, and finishing up the shopping so that next week I can get to wrapping. I also want to finish our thank-you cards for Little Tyke's naming ceremony gifts which I'm already disgustingly late on, and our Christmas cards so they have some prayer of getting to their destination by the holiday. So ... yeah. Busy. 'Tis the season. :)

Hope everyone is taking some time, considering that, to be with family and friends, or at church/temple/etc., or out in nature, or reading a good book or checking out great movies, or writing, or dancing, whatever way you commune with festival-times, and reconnecting with what is important to you. Of all the times it is most important to remember these things in our lives, it is the most easy to get swept up and forget ... the joys of these holidays to everyone. Blessings.

No comments: