Tuesday, December 8, 2009

James Dalorey


My heart goes out to the family of Autistic 5-year-old James Dalorey of Cape Breton, Nova Scotia who died in hospital today from complications due to hypothermia and exposure to the elements. The story as I understand it is that Dalorey followed the family dog, who'd escaped the house, out into the woods without a jacket, hat or mittens, despite the snow and cold. He was found two days later and rushed to IWK Hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries today.

There is nothing more tragic than this kind of passing - especially right as hope was being held out. I pray for the family, and their healing at this time, and I encourage everyone to hold their loved ones a little closer ... such things are so fleeting, more than we realize at times I think, and we owe it to ourselves to always and forever appreciate those nearest and dearest to us. While most often those ties last a lifetime, it is how long or short that lifetime is that can change in a heartbeat. God bless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's really sad. Parents should never outlive their children. *sighs* Very very heart breaking.

On a lighter side of it, the IWK Hospital is a really good one lol. I think that's where I was born haha.