Thursday, October 8, 2009

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

So the next few days we will be back in Kitchener Waterloo celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving with our families. I might or might not be able to be back on blogging but it also might not be until Monday (or more realistically, Tuesday). In the meantime though I wanted to wish everyone in Canada a Happy Thanksgiving, and share some of the things I am thankful for (in no particular order, just as they come to me):

  • Ari and I both having work (in my case, shortly but I know I have it); a roof over our heads, and food on our table.
  • Our happy healthy son who has found a dream babysitter, for whom we are also thankful.
  • Our family - parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. - for being so wonderful and supportive of us and our son.
  • Friends; those in my life and those who aren't. I have learned valuable lessons and had valuable experiences with anyone I have ever called a friend, and as I am not someone who simply turns on and off the 'caring' button, I wish everyone the best - peace and happiness on this holiday.
  • Old traditions and new beginnings; I am so excited about going back home to our parents and friends this weekend, in Kitchener where we will always have roots; I am also so excited about this new life we're building in Ottawa.
  • My faith which I have been rediscovering in spades since being a mom; I have always intellectually been a Christian, and for a long time I was a regular churchgoer. The experience of returning to church, and now seeking a new church in my new home has been a great experience, as well as a learning one, enabling me to do a check-in with my beliefs - their extent and their nature - that I haven't done probably since I was confirmed 15 years ago. Which is kind of cool.
  • Healthcare in Canada; as we've all had colds and visits to the doctor in the last couple weeks, the fact that this has been free at a time where we're just getting reestablished financially has been a Godsend.
  • Books, which I have been rediscovering through my 101 books in 1001 days (finished one more and probably another by weekend's end; reviews of both up Monday/Tuesday).
What are YOU thankful for? Enjoy your weekend.

No comments: