Saturday, January 28, 2012

Junior Kindergarten Registration

So ... Monday is a big day in our household. Little Tyke begins junior kindergarten this September - being a late-in-the-year baby (November), he will be starting at three years old. Monday is the start of kindergarten registration, so I will hie me to his new school to sign him up, birth certificate and immunization records in hand.

I have to say, for someone who is usually sentimental and a bit weepy about these things - and don't get me wrong, I can't believe he is this 'grown up', and I'm sure come September I will shed a nostalgic tear or two - I'm actually really excited about this. LT loves other kids, he loves learning, and he thrives on structure. He has wanted to go to school since his friend S, our babysitter's granddaughter, started school this year. So I'm thrilled for him, knowing how excited he will be.

There are things to iron out - the school he will be attending has only half-day kindergarten, so we're hoping our present caregiver will be willing to still care for him half-time, for example - but I think overall this is going to be an amazing adventure for our family, and for LT in particular. One more step, one more milestone ... and it seems like yesterday we were cheering him on when he'd finish a bottle, or roll over from his tummy to his back. Yeah ... OK ... I've got to say it ... our baby's growing up. And Mommy couldn't be more proud.

No comments: