Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Getting To Know Me Survey

Hey all - not playing this officially this week (two dates too late!) but the questions were good ones and I wanted to throw up some answers.

1. If you were to win an award today, what would it be for?
Hmm ... best procrastinator. lol Yup. That one.

2. What is your shoe style?
Comfy and practical. This tends to mean black flats of any sort when working, sneakers or said black flats when casual any season, and a wide variety of flip flops/sandals in the summer.

3 Does your car reflect your personality?
Uh ...? My car's a car. It came in a pretty red and the right price range. I put a key in it. It turns on reliably and gets me from point A to point B. Does that reflect my personality? lol I guess so. Haven't thought much about this one.

4. If you could take over someones body for a day..whose would you choose?
Someone super skinny so I could eat all I wanted and have that actually be healthy! lol Jokes ... my body does not often (ever) impress me and needs a lot of work, but it does its job and I'm fairly happy being me at this point.

5. Love or be loved?
I would LIKE to be so selfish as to accept more love than I give. Unfortunately, that isn't often the case. I think I've found more balance of late though - I do what I feel I can for other people, and I accept what they feel they can give to me, and I've stopped 'keeping score' of who's called who more often, who's treated who to what the most, who's always late, who's punctual, who owes who what ... those things can keep you up nights. I've stopped chasing people who don't want to be chased, and I've stopped engaging with people I don't want to engage with - things I've never been able to do before. I live my life, and I enjoy and trust who I enjoy and trust - if that happens to overlap with their lives and feelings, awesome. And you know what? I have lost exactly 0 friends since I stopped counting slights and playing the 'who loves who more' game.

6. If you were on death row, what last meal would you choose?
Hmmm it's a tossup between a couple of Arby's roast beef burgers or a plate or two full of Mongolian Grill stir fry. I know either however would be accompanied by a nice bottle of wine if that's allowed - or a cherry coke if it isn't. lol NOT diet for once. ;) And sour kids.

7. Have you been on vacation this Summer, if so where?
We got to go to Walt Disney World in Orlando Florida this past June, and we just got back from a long weekend 'home' in Kitchener. Otherwise no ... a few 'tourist in our own town' things (Ottawa's great for that), but overall working.

8. What is your favorite food related guilty pleasure?
Fast food. It's awful. But I loves it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good answers Sar! As always :D