Monday, August 2, 2010

Civic Holiday

Hi guys,

Sorry I wasn't in touch over the weekend but I'm back! (cue horror music)

It was a long weekend here in Ontario and we took the chance to fly home (thanks Mom and Dad Daigen!) on the smallest plane I have EVER seen, to see family and friends. LT was a great traveller both ways (for the most part), and it was great to see my in-laws, especially as Ari's grandma Roz was in town (such a phenomenal lady, almost 90 years old and flew in from California for a visit!), my dad and step-mom, and my mom and step-dad - who we didn't get to visit at their house, but who were invited out to a couple of the weekend's festivities. Perhaps best of all - Little Tyke's Uncle Kyle got to see him for the first time since Christmas! :) It was lovely times had by all.

I got to see my best friend Shari, as well as a host of other folks, some of whom we haven't seen in a long time. If I saw you this weekend - please know I was glad to, and I hope we can do it again sometime. If I didn't - I'm sorry I missed you and hey! Let's make it up soon. But either way - karaoke, spraygrounds, or even just goofing around in a myriad of homes and backyards were fantastic.

And one last major thank you - we had some house-sitters this weekend who not only took fantastic care of our house, our cats, etc. but they also left us a wonderful 'thank you for putting us up gift' which was so unnecessary. Steph and Gord I want to take the time to publically thank you for your amazing generosity. Hope we can return the favour for you someday! Xs and Os all around.

No comments: