Sunday, December 7, 2008

Weekend with Baby

So it was a good first weekend as a family of three - so many people happy for us, which is so flattering. So many people try to tear others down at moments of great happiness, and it is so nice that I've come out of this whole thing with an incredible support network - while I realized that, as I shared in their happinesses as their families grew, that they were quietly (or in some cases not so quietly) rooting for us too, I don't think I ever realized just how many people, or how enthusiastically, or how excited they'd be when it all came together.

Going through a difficult and such personal process as adoption definitely teaches you a lot about what people think of you, and I had never flattered myself over the past year, in which I'd been so wrapped up in all this, that so many people had been waiting on this as eagerly as Ari and I. Thanks to our families of course (such excited grandparents oh my goodness! lol), but in terms of friends who have no obligation to be supportive other than just caring about us more than either of us could ever deserve or earn, particular thanks to Joanna (and CONGRATS AGAIN! Miss Mom, on your own expanding family), Alex and Marjorie for welcoming me to the 'mom' club with such open arms (your vote of confidence means SO much to me because you've been there, and if YOU think I can do it, I can lol).

So many others have been great too - cher, calling me LD from WORK to congratulate me; Elizabeth and Licia for being SO excited for me even though we're all busy and don't see each other as often as we'd like; Nick, for following little man's progress as closely as we have despite not even LIKING kids ... you guys rock, we love you, and thank you so much for such overwhelming kindness which we can only hope to return - and I'm afraid you guys have set a pretty high bar. Love you all.

1 comment:

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

You're too cute.

Big hugs. You and Ari deserve to be parents. You're fantastic with kids and I know you'll be amazing ones to Little Tyke. Is that what we're calling him on here btw?? Cuz um, that's what Im calling him on here lol.

Oh and pass on my congrats to Joanna!!