Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day ...

To my dad, my step-dad, and my father-in-law: all three of these men are so different in so many ways, yet all are strong men of character who work hard, love much, and who I know I can count on at any time. You three have brought so much to my life, and to the lives of my kids, I can't even begin to say 'thank you'. Many people are lucky to have one good father figure in their lives. I'm so blessed that I have three.

To Ari: I couldn't have picked a better father for my kids ... you are attentive, loving, and patient with them in ways I wish I could match sometimes. :) It is great to know, in a world where so often so much falls on moms, that I have a true partner who pulls his weight - and sometimes then some! - in parenting.

And lastly, to my grandpa: I have always called him on Father's Day, and this will be my first year I can't. But I hope he knows I loved him as much as any man on this list, and he has as much to do with the woman I am today as anyone. I still love and miss him every day.

No comments: