Friday, April 6, 2012

Home ... Easter Weekend

Well ... Miami was phenomenal and you are about to be able to hear all about it over at http://inthisveryring.blogspot.com - check it out. Combine what is discussed there, with hotel pool lounging, lovely restaurants, a beach, and a historic tour of Miami, and we had a wonderful vacation - and well earned if I say so myself (which I wouldn't often, but it has been a BUSY several months, as anyone can tell from the sporadic blogging!). I'd hoped to post more wihle we were away, but it really turned into a VAY-CAY, and no apologies for enjoying that.

That said - after spending Palm Sunday surrounded by palm trees, we are now home for one of the most important times of year on the Christian calendar - today is Good Friday, historically observed as the day of Jesus' execution. Yesterday, a few of us at my church observed the Last Supper with a Tenebrae service (very intimate service involving communion and scripture - probably best described if you look it up); today we laid our worries at the foot of the cross in a Good Friday service. Tomorrow, we do the more secular 'Bunny' thing with my whole family ... and I mean WHOLE family (my side anyway) - my mother and step-father will be hosting us four, my brother, my grandmother, my dad and step-mother, for an Easter Egg hunt and dinner. Sunday will be obviously an important service at church, and hopefully the weather will be lovely enough to repeat last year's tradition of a picnic on Parliament Hill. Meanwhile, my father-in-law has been observing Passover by tangoing in Argentina - my mother in law will be joining him in a couple weeks' time.

It is a very holy and special time in both faiths observed here in the Daigen household; we hope that whichever you observe, it is good to both you and your family. And may all of your Good Friday crucifixions turn into Easter Sunday ressurections. Bless you all.

No comments: