Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Passover, Happy Easter

So I mentioned last week celebrating Passover with my in-laws, which was lovely. This past weekend was Easter, and we spent it with my mom and step-dad, my dad and step-mom, and my brother (as well as my Uncle Bob). The festivities started Saturday afternoon with an Easter egg hunt for Little Tyke and Little J, as well as a lovely family dinner, and continued into Sunday as we went to church together and had brunch at my house before everyone hit the road. I believe I can speak for everyone to say a good time was had by all. :)

Sunday evening Ari and I decided to enjoy the lovely weather of the day and bought some smoked meat sandwiches downtown to eat on Parliament Hill - a lovely place to picnic and soak up the sun, with lots of running around room for Little Tyke. :) Who should we run into there but my cousin Ken from Montreal! I haven't seen him in about 5 years, since my uncle's funeral, and I got to meet his second son too, who was a real sweetie LT's age - the boys played together so nicely. I was sorry to miss his wife and oldest, who were back at their hotel, but it was still a super-nice Easter surprise.

Yesterday we went to the park for the afternoon, and stopped in at the pet store to complete Little Tyke's easter gift - we bought him a Betta fish, since he'd been so enthralled by the fish at Denny's where we had Palm Sunday brunc with my in-laws last week. Definitely a hit, he's enjoyed having "Fishy" in his room ever since. Now? 6:30 am and I'm on my way to a day of work. But I wanted to check in before heading off - hope everyone's holidays, whichever you celebrated - were fabulous, and I wish you a great last week of April. Much love!

No comments: