Friday, January 28, 2011

Sickness ... and the Payoff

So I've been ill this week.

That's the explanation for my absence.

Wednesday was OK ... I went to work ... but slowly nausea began consuming me.

By the time I was home, dinner seemed uniquely unappealing.

By 11pm I was throwing up.

I was up most of the rest of the night ... did a minimal amount of work, slept, and tried to keep some plain, bland food down most of yesterday.

Today, I feel much better (although any big piles of greasy salty fatty stuff is incredibly unattractive still - not such a bad thing for a girl trying to watch what she eats).

Today was also mild out, but a lovely winter day - cold enough, for example, ice would still be frozen.

This meant skating.

Little Tyke's first time on skates. The wee one stayed in his stroller ... a good time, however, was had by all.

Also - I have skates that fit me now. No more walking on the Rideau Canal.

Even illness has a light at the end of the tunnel.

Now for the weekend?

A visit to my mother's tomorrow ... work Sunday ... then work Monday/Tuesday.

So it might be a few days again ...

But you have fair warning.

Be blessed. XO

No comments: