Sunday, July 25, 2010

Getting To Know You



1. If you see a guy with his fly down, do you tell him?
Depends on how close I am to the guy ... not some random stranger no.

2. Spanx or no Spanx?
I haven't tried Spanx or Spanx-type stuff; maybe it would be awesome but I'm going to recuse myself from this question until I've tried it. I'm all for anything that would make me less lumpy though lol.

3. Do you sleep in your sheets?
Until hubby kicks them off and gets mad at me for wanting to put them back because he gets all tangled in them, yes. lol Whiney hubby.

4. What is your favorite Disney character?
Oh wow ... I'm going to go for two here. In terms of sort of the classic mascot-type characters, Mickey all the way. :) He's just cute and fun and I got the best picture ever of my son with him last month! :) In terms of characters in the movie though, Belle. I like to think I'm a bit like her.

5. Dream vacation spot?
Right now because it's so fresh in my mind I'd love to go back to Walt Disney World. But I enjoyed my trips before that to Scotland and Mexico too though, so ... enh? In terms of places I haven't been, so many we want to go to. Israel, Cuba, almost any country in Europe, even Prince Edward Island right here in Canada ... my dream vacation spot right now would be somewhere we could just go and have a great time and either Little Tyke would enjoy it too, or else we'd know he was having a great time with one set or another of his grandparents. :)

6. What is your dream job?
Dream job like pie in the sky dreaming, I'd love to be a Broadway musical performer, or a professional writer. In terms of attainable, I'm still pretty sure it would be something in teaching; I'm just not sure teaching what. I enjoy teaching high school, but when I do I find myself missing my fifth and sixth graders. But wherever I land in my profession, I'm at least still sure I'm in the right ball park, and after 5 years of temporary contracts, private school work and subbing, that says something. :)

7. Who is your hero and why?
My mom. To this day, she is the only person I have ever met, who I can't think of one person who dislikes her. She is patient, selfless, generous, fun, sure of herself and the decisions she's made in life without being arrogant or unable to admit mistakes ... everything I work as hard as I can to be, and yet I don't think I will ever be able to do it quite like her.

No comments: