Sunday, March 4, 2012

Happy Birthday Dad! :)

So tomorrow is my dad's birthday - I don't know if I'll have a chance to just sit and blog but I want to take the time here to wish him an awesome one, full of God's blessings. He is one of the most generous people I know. He is smart, and fun, a great laugh, but also a sympathetic ear accompanied by good advice. I haven't always gotten that - the first time I took a big spill off my bike, I remember his 'no big deal' attitude hurting my 7-year-old feelings ... but my nearly-thirty-year-old self looks back now and knows it was his way of not letting his emotional, sensitive little girl become afraid of her only-just-newly-acquired skill. He and my mom made an excellent parenting team, even post-divorce (and perhaps even moreso with the introduction of my step-parents), and I can only hope to live up to that example as my boys grow up.

I love you Dad - happy birthday! XO

No comments: