Friday, October 21, 2011

National Novel Writing Month - Coming Up!

So November is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)! I have several friends who have done this at least a few years now, and I've wanted to since hearing about it - writing a novel is definitely on my bucket list! :) And I gave it a semi-honest shot in 2009 in that I signed up for an account and wrote a whole bunch of 'first pages' before giving up. But this is my first real, 'The kids are a bit bigger, I've figured out a way I can attend some of the write-ins, etc.' kind of situation. I don't know how weekday evenings will work, but Ari and I have already worked out an arrangement whereby on the weekends at least, he will be resuming his running (now that both boys are old enough for the running stroller) while I attend write-ins; and for my part, instead of wasting my time with TV or videogames or what have you after the boys go to bed, I will be writing instead.

So I don't know how this will affect my keeping up with my blog - my goal is that maybe it will actually enhance it as maybe I put some excerpts up here etc. But I'm pretty excited. Want to participate too? You can sign up by CLICKING HERE to become a NaNoWriMo participant. GOOD LUCK to all! :) XO

No comments: